Reading B: The Life of Budddha

I think I can use part B to make a story of how a king goes to having all these riches and even though he isn’t indulgent he still loses everything, similar to the story of Job. I could go into detail of all his riches especially with the way they describe the chariot. I can also do a story of an old man looking back over his life and instead of being sad that he is aging being happy that he got to live a long full life. The story Eager to Know the Great Truths would be a great way to add to how he became a monk. I think the story set up would be similar to someone finding these stories in a library and attempting to become a monk. I think I could start with the person that wants to become a monk with becoming a hermit. I think I could possibly combine my two ideas and have a king that gives up his riches to be a monk because of some stories that he read in the library. I think the primary focus would be the king talking to his advisors and then giving up his riches. I could then do a scene where the queen learns of this sort of like Gopa did when she woke up and discovered that the husband was gone. I like that these stories gave me a lot of different elements to work with and that I can combine multiple ideas that I got all together to make a massive story.
Buddha Zentao




Bibliography: Life of Buddha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary