Reading Notes Part A Sita


I enjoyed the comic book that I read Sita. For my story book I was thinking of doing creation stories so Sita being in the earth and how she got there would be a great spin that you could put so many spins on. Also another good thing about this story is I could do a showman ship of champions that are trying to win Sita’s hand in marriage with the bow being lifted.  I could make it into a whole event kind of like in brave when she fought for her own hand. I could start off by showing Sita lifting the bow and then having the contestants come after her and have more then just the lifting of the bow.
Another good thing to draw from this comic book is the time Rama had the throne stolen for him and going from the brother’s point of view and how he felt betrayed by his own mother and then going out on an adventure to find his brother and the consequences the mother face and then having Rama tell his brother that it is not their mothers fault but she was doing what destiny had intended for them. I could also spin it to where I show how the town revolts after Rama is banished.
I have also been thinking of since Sita and her sisters married Rama and the brothers doing a wedding styled story with them show casing the food of the gods and having them describe wedding customs.
Another good thing that could do is tell of Sitas childhood and how she discovers her magical powers  and using them like any child would to play pranks and have a little fun like a children’s story. Also mentions how she was really into stories so maybe I could have Sita being a storyteller and telling other stories to people and having them be played out by her.
Sita Comic Book Cover
Source: Sita
Bibliography: Sita: Daughter of the Earth by Saraswati Nagpal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary