Topic Brainstorm

I think one of the reasons I choose to look into Karma was because everyone talks about Karma but I don't think everyone knows how much bigger Karma is. Than what people usually say it is and it could explain why bad things happen to 'good' people which can really give a story depth to me.

I think using Rahu in a creation story would be an interesting take on how night came to be. I love creation stories something about making nothing into something really makes it feel like your own story. I also think this is great because I can add aspects of astrology into the story which is a very hot topic at the moment. Or I could take a completely different route with Rahuketu and his influence on humans. Basically this gives me a lot of material to make a very unique story.

In one of the Yama stories it is said that he is the first man to have died and I think it would be an interesting take to see how the gods handle the one of their first human creations and how he became Yama the collector of souls and how the people around him experienced death for the time and I could also include food that they used to show how they found out some of the properties that food had.

 I believe that Surasa would be a great use for a topic because snakes have such a bad reputation and being the mother of snakes has to strike some type of fear and sympathy for her children but it also said she was the mother of demons and cannibals so maybe I could use the element of people being un-trusting of snakes that she created some of the worlds evils in order to punish people for how they have treated her children. But she also kind of a succubus in another story so I am thinking she kind of plays the villain in some of these stories.

 Hanuman in Surasa Mouth
Source:Times of India

Stories:
Karma
Rahu
Yama
Surasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary