Story 6: The Second's Diary


Dear Diary,
I am a Queen or I used to be. If you could even call me that, I am or was at this point in my life the first wife married to King Pandu more like King Pale one. I am not the favorite wife but the second Madri. King Pandu is always Madri this and Madri that. I hope my boys never treat their wives like Pandu treats me. Little does the lovely King Pandu know that he has never had an heir. I can’t believe those two left me with all the children! Like it is not my fault he shot the sages in deer form and then got himself exiled. All those years in solitude and he never thought when he saw Madri again why have I been casted out all of those years. But no, he just ran to Madri like an idiot but you know what they say you can’t fix stupid. And that had to be the stupidest move. Then here comes the melodramatic Madri talking about her heart and how she could not bare to live in a world without him. Like Madri do you not remember the children? Everyone else viewed it as a noble sacrifice when I was the one to offer to go first but she was like uhm I am his true love. Yes because true love always has another's child. But I let her go one and be with the love of her life. Don’t get me wrong I wish them the best in the afterlife but I also hope yama loses their souls just for a little while. I think my boys should have only one wife each because if they are anything like their “father” two women is too much for them to handle. Wouldn’t it be absolutely comical if all five of them had to share a wife, haha what would be the odds of that happening. Anywho I doubt the love god would ever go that far. Tata I think the boys are up to no good.


Queen Kunti and the Panhava Brothers
Source:Wordzz


 Author’s note: I noticed in the epic how they always favored Madri and how even to the end Madri was the favorite and made it known by being the sacrifice. I think that how would I feel if I was Kunti and had to constantly hear that I was the least favorite wife and what better way to express your innermost feelings than a diary entry.

Comments

  1. Hi Dacia!
    I really liked that you told this story from the perspective of Kunti. You're right, they always favor Madri and never really talk about the sacrifices that Kunti had to make for Pandu. She also had to take on another woman's kids and raise them because she threw herself in a fire to be with her dead husband! I would probably feel this way too if my husband had another wife and they left me with 5 kids! I have two that are my own and that's enough for me!!! Great job with this version of the story!

    Oh, and in answer to your question on my Week 6 story, Lost in Space. I have NO desire to ever be a writer. I loathe writing so much! I'm all about numbers. That's my jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dacia! I was happy to read a story from Kunti's perspective. It was a great idea to write a story from her perspective. All throughout the Mahabharata she had so many things happen to her that would cause intense emotions, and there was never much explanation as to how she felt. I like how you conveyed her emotions from a diary entry. Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dacia! I really appreciate that someone wrote a story from Kunti’s perspective. She’s a great character and I think you did a great job talking about some of the things that happen to her. Poor gal does not have it easy. I like the diary format as well. I think it makes for an engaging story opportunity. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dacia!
    I loved this story from Kunti's perspective. I had wondered what she thought of it all, so this was a fun read. This read like a diary entry, which I thought was a fun way to express her feelings. I also like the foreshadowing as a joke "Wouldn’t it be absolutely comical if all five of them had to share a wife, haha what would be the odds of that happening" was the best part. Although "I also hope yama loses their souls just for a little while" was pretty good too. I wonder if she really loved King Pandu, or perhaps had someone else she had yearned for. What if there was someone else who had treated her better? This was definitely an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dacia! I really loved your story this week. I think writing from Kunti's perspective was really creative. The diary entry aspect of this story was something I would never thought of and I think it worked out perfectly! Writing a diary entry was cool because we the readers got to see everything Kunti was feeling and thinking. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dacia! I liked the diary format for your story, and it was a great way to get Kunti's perspective. You definitely played at a lot of emotions I think most of us would sympathize with if we were ever in comparable situations, like knowing you're not the favorite and having to deal with complications that come with that. Just a little thing, but at one point you said "bare" when the word should be "bear." Also, I think adding a tad more context in the Author's note would be helpful, because reading your story made me realize I already forgot some of Pandu and Madri and Kunti's backstory. I also really like when you said you hope that they're happy but yama loses their souls for a bit first, I thought it was a great sentence that conveyed the emotions you're going for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dacia! I like the idea that you had on making the story as diary entry, it makes the story into a direct perspective of the character that you write about. By doing the entry, you were able to take us the readers and put us into the head of the character and let us experience the emotions that the character as feeling. Even though I liked the structure of the story and the story line that it followed. As a revision for the story I would add a little more dialogue in the transitions from one thing to next to have it flow better. I felt there was a little to much jumping from one thing to next for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess