Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset
Source:Flickr
Ehh....the growth mindset. I am not sure how much I like it. I like the concept of it. The feel good " if you put good out in the world you'll get good back". I am just not sure how accurate that is for everyone some children thrive off praise and it makes them want to do better like when your parents say "I'm proud of you". They say I'm proud of YOU not some process because you already know how much it took to get there. But I also like that it says intelligence is something that has no bounds and can be obtained. My soccer coach used to say " hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard", which is true if you really work at something you can pass the person that was naturally gifted.  I think their is little harm in praising the process but I also think you should reward the person as well. It should be a balance between both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary