Reading Notes Anthology


I am actually not very fond of animal stories. I am not to sure if its because they are supposed to portray humans and have human like qualities, so I don’t really understand why there is a need to use animals and I also read a lot of stories with animals in them as a child. So maybe it feels like I never grew up from the lessons you are supposed to learn when your parents tell the story. I guess what I am getting at is that I shouldn’t have to read stories that teach if I am old enough to know better.


Among the stories I really like the turtle and the geese. I think I identified with the turtle because if someone says something I don’t like, I AM GOING TO RESPOND, no matter who they are. That sometimes gets me into trouble like a lot and sometimes it is better to keep quiet than respond. Kind of like the saying, ‘It’s better for them to think you are stupid than open your mouth and confirm it.’ Which now that I am older I do know that it is sometimes better not to respond.
The other story that I liked was the foolish rabbit one. I am pretty sure there are real life instances that you could probably use as a base of retelling the story. I also still watch Chicken Little until this day so reading it gave me a little chuckle. Also my mother hates when she feels like people are following others with no guidance or confirmed information. She thinks it would be a lack of judgement and I think possibly telling thins from a mother's prospective would be an interesting take. But let it be known that I am no author or creator at all so I am unsure how writing that story would work out. 

Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland
Source: Disney Wiki

Stories:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary