Week 2 Story: The Rabbit and Fox



There once was a group of ten young rabbits, nine of them as meek as they come but one was as bold as the sun was hot. The group of rabbits had been told by their elders that when the fox was near that they must be quieter than the mice next door. The elders never told them why they must be quiet but their was a fox that always wandered near because he knew that many small animals lived in that area and one day he would have a great feast before winter came. Everyday right as the sun would awaken the fox would set out with his ear to the ground and his body crouching real low until he blended in with the forest floor. On this particular day the elders had set out to gather supplies and left the ten young rabbits alone. They were under strict instructions not to make a peep. The young rabbits grew tired of the silence and started to play a game. They played and played and the nine meek rabbits were very quiet but when the one rabbit that was bolder than the sun would win he would leap up and yell. Little did the young rabbit know the fox had been slowly creeping towards the bungalow. The fox muttered to himself ,“ Surely the young animals would not be that reckless to lead me straight to their nest?” Every time the little rabbit jumped the tops of his ear would peak out and the fox saw this. After the little rabbits fifth win the fox jumped down the hole and took all the young rabbits. And after the fox took all the young rabbits he waited for the elders to return and stayed in the bungalow for the rest of winter. 
Fox with Rabbit
Source:Flickr

Authors Note:
I choose the story The Turtle and Geese because it was my favorite of all the stories and thought it would be a great story to remake and fun to put my own spin on it.
Bibliography. The Turtle and Geese by Ellen C. Babbitt Story Link

Comments

  1. I really liked your use of imagery. I could visualize the part where you had written "the fox would set out with his ear to the ground and his body crouching real low until he blended in with the forest floor". It had great details. I wonder why the other 9 didn't try to remind the other rabbit about the need to be quiet. Did they try and he just wouldn't listen? What if the elders had warned them, would it have made a difference, or would the one rabbit continue to be bold? This was very cutely written. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute. I especially love your description of the rabbit that was "as bold as the sun was hot." That is so vivid yet so simple. I wonder what game the young rabbits were playing. Was it tag? Hide and go seek? 20 questions? Never have I ever? The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this story. I thought it was cute and fun to read! I loved your attention to detail throughout this story. I felt that I could actually visualize what you were writing and it made it easier for me to understand. Overall I think that this story was really unique and could be fun to add on to later in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary