StoryBooks Favorites

Story Books

Motherhood-MotherHood
I think that the introduction was really well written. The poem aspect really allowed myself to feel what the stories would entail. The story of the two sisters slightly reminded me of the story of Moses I believed being sent down the river. I like that the perspective is on the mother its like seeing the main story but not from the protagonist. I did not feel as much of a connection to these stories because I am not a mother but it allowed me to see how much mothers are willing to sacrifice for children. Although extreme I believe that the two sisters story really shows a mothers fear of how their child will grow up in the world.

Krishna-Krishna
I really appreciate the quirkiness of how the author made Krishna show himself as outside of time. I also like how this story makes me think of my favorite children's show Avatar the Last Airbender. I also really appreciate how the story is being written not as if I am reading a book that is happening but as if I am being told the story as if Krishna was telling it to me which makes me feel as if I am involved personally in the story.  When Krishna kills Kaliya it had a strong resemblance of Disney's version of Hercules to me. I enjoy that this story humanizes Krishna. He plays pranks he knows that not all of him is good being the creator of all things also makes him the creator of evil.
Krishna
Source:Flickr

Indra Lord of Thunder - Indra

I like how this made me think that all of the countries/religions have their own versions of the beginning of time and although they are each unique they are also similar in my eyes. I also like how the story of the giant snake,Vritra, also had names that I have already known. I also since that this story showed the Indian god as more peaceful and caring of his people unlike the Greek gods that are usually spiteful and vengeful. It also makes me laugh a little to picture an elephant in a wild battle with thunder bolts but it really paints a nice picture and opens of the imagination to think of how it might play out.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary