Reading Notes Week 10 Part B ( Jataka Tales)

I think the wise merchant story would be a nice one to work with. I am not sure how I would flip it for the story but I do think that it gives an element maybe making siblings and the "demon" be the parents and going from there.
The girly-face story was interesting I think it might be a good story to retell but use the Santa Claus having a young child really excited for Christmas but then overhear some talking about how he isn't real and have him act out for a bit and get the parents to have Santa Claus send him a letter and then he is back to normal.
I wasn't too fond of the Banyan deer and The three princes story. I didn't really like how the story went. The white elephant story wasn't something that I could personally work with either. Unless I made the elephant like a beggar that was taken in my a circus and then go from there.
The pig and ox story would be a great on thing that would be great for envy. I could do a rich man and a poor man and make it similar to the biblical story where the poor man makes it to heaven and the rich man does not.


Source: OX AND PIG
Bibliography: Jataka Tales by  Ellen C. Babbitt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary