Reading Notes Week 7 part D

In this reading there was a lot of descriptive fighting and sometimes the story elements remind me of a childhood tV show avatar airbender and I think incorporating one of my favorite childhood tv shows and the fights would be a great element especially since they either the four elements as a weapon and instead of everyone being able to use one of the elements to fight only a few ( honestly I could choose the Pandava brothers) and have them control an element and that could be a gift that the gods grant them. But I could also incorporate Karma because with great responsibility comes great sacrifice. And I know that there are five brothers and only 4 elements but the most worthy brother would be able to control all four elements like in the avatar and then I could make it to where they die like when they drank from the lake on how they would have to repay with their lives for having such a great power. I could use all the mini battles to tell how they used their battles. Although descriptive fighting may be really hard to write about. There is also a small vampire element in this story when Bhima drank the blood of Duhsasana. I could use elements of the horse sacrifice story to make a creation story on how animals were made especially since when it was dipped into the water the animal was changed and I could go from their or even make the pond magical. The mongoose story reminded me of beauty and the beast sort of because they gave their all to a traveler but did not know he was divine and I think this would be a really feel good type story to recreate but set in the future when technology is so advanced that they have to give him something even more valuable than food, I am not entirely sure what that could be but I can figure that out as I write.


Avatar The Last AirBender
Source: Flickr
Bibliography : Indian Epics University of Oklahoma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Hot Mess

Story 6: The Second's Diary